Sergio on Monday. :)
As requested: tiaras in Hannibal. I narrowed it down to be only Christine tiaras. I might do a general tiaras later on. And one on Carlotta’s giant Byzantic tiara of doom!
1. Sierra Boggess in Royal Albert Hall/UK. Large gem “brooches” attached to a low gold ring. This is how the UK ones has looked since ca. 2003.
2. Sarah Brightman, West End. One of the two tiaras she wore. It was a flat band around the head, with actual antique brooches in front and sides. The other she wore was higher and more pointed.
3. Joke de Kruijf, Vienna. Another “flat band” tiara, but more wreath style to it. This was worn by the Christines in Vienna, allegedly because Luzia Nistler was tall and looked even taller with a high tiara.
4. Patti Cohenour, Canadian tour. Kinda fits into the “flat band” style, but was very pointed in front, with circle shaped “brooches”.
5. Ana Marina, World Tour. A classic triangular tiara, made up of a circular front piece and paisley/drop shaped side motifs.
6. Sierra Boggess, Las Vegas. A flat band with gems, and with large round “brooches” at the sides and a more pointed one in front. The Vegas versions had more pointed round brooches than other US tiaras.
7. Sarah Brightman’s original Broadway tiara. Like Sierra’s it had the gem decorated band with side “brooches” and a central front motif. In addition it also had two dangling piece over the ears. But it must have been a bitch to dance in, and was soon enough skipped…
8. Mia Karlsson, Copenhagen. These originally came from Stockholm, and was wonderfully pointed and ornamental. They also had a piece over the forehead/front wig, to keep the tiara in place.
9. Lori Zeglarski, Hamburg. The most massive Christine tiara to date…
10. Lisa Hull, UK tour. Shows the elder UK style, with a bigger fundament and more pointed pieces.
Getting ready for Broadrass tonight!
Stephanie J. Block and Aaron Tveit at the 2013 Broadway Audience Choice Awards.
Down that path into darkness, deep as Hell.
Jeremy Jordan and Sierra Boggess at the 2013 Broadway Audience Choice Awards.